dovecot - Secure imap and pop3 server
Dovecot is an IMAP server for Linux/UNIX-like systems, written with security
primarily in mind. It also contains a small POP3 server. It supports mail
in either of maildir or mbox formats.
The SQL drivers and authentication plug-ins are in their subpackages.
by Michal Hlavinka (2016-04-27):
- dovecot updated to 2.2.24
- Huge header lines could have caused Dovecot to use too much memory
- dsync: Detect and handle invalid/stale -s state string better.
- dsync: Fixed crash caused by specific mailbox renames
- auth: Auth cache is now disabled passwd-file.
- fts-tika: Don't crash if it returns 500 error
- dict-redis: Fixed timeout handling
- SEARCH INTHREAD was crashing
- stats: Only a single fifo_listeners was supported, making it impossible to
use both auth_stats=yes and mail stats plugin.
- SSL errors were logged in separate "Stacked error" log lines instead of as
part of the disconnection reason.
- MIME body parser didn't handle properly when a child MIME part's --boundary
had the same prefix as the parent.
- pigeonhole updated to 0.4.14
- extprograms plugin: Fixed epoll() panic caused by closing the output
FD before the output stream.
- Made sure that the local part of a mail address is encoded properly
using quoted string syntax when it is not a dot-atom.
by Michal Hlavinka (2016-03-18):
- dovecot updated to 2.2.22
- auth: Auth caching was done too aggressively when %variables were
used in default_fields, override_fields or LDAP pass/user_attrs.
userdb result_* were also ignored when user was found from cache.
- imap: Fixed various assert-crashes caused v2.2.20+. Some of them
caught actual hangs or otherwise unwanted behavior towards IMAP
- Expunges were forgotten in some situations, for example when
pipelining multiple IMAP MOVE commands.
- quota: Per-namespaces quota were broken for dict and count backends
- fts-solr: Search queries were using OR instead of AND as the
separator for multi-token search queries in v2.2.20+.
- Single instance storage support wasn't really working in v2.2.16+
- dbox: POP3 message ordering wasn't working correctly.
- virtual plugin: Fixed crashes related to backend mailbox deletions.
by Michal Hlavinka (2016-02-08):
- pigeonhole updated to 0.4.12
- multiscript: Fixed bug in handling of (implicit) keep; final keep action was
always executed as though there was a failure.
- managesieve-login: Fixed proxy to allow SASL mechanisms other than PLAIN.
- ldap storage: Prevent segfault occurring when assigning certain (global)